Friday, February 23, 2007

Credit Cards

When I think about credit cards I think about being in college and getting $20,000 credit limits while having a job that I was earning less than $5,000 a year at. All these companies during that time jumped at the chance to give me 0% credit cards with 0% balance transfers
even though I really had no business having another card. This aspect of credit cards has really hurt many young people that don’t understand the benefits of cards and how they affect their credit.

Now, as I’ve grown older, these cards are really indispensable for such things as emergencies, or really just so I don’t have to carry large amounts of cash around. Only difference is that I actually earn money now and can afford to pay them off every month. Credit cards can be great, but they can also be detrimental to those with no self control. Learning how to use them is the key to getting the most out of them.

No comments: