Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Regis Philbin Announces Retirement From "Live!"

REgis Philbin has been on some shows. Some shows I may have seen. Most that I haven't. Other than Who Wants To Be a Millionaire, I am kind of scratching my head trying to think of what else he has done besides the morning shows, which I would only watch to stare at Kelly Ripa if I happened to surf by it.

So...he's going to be lighting up his monte cristo cigars and sailing of to the old folks home in Florida I suppose. He claims he isn't sick and that he is just retiring.

"No, I'm not sick," he declared on his morning morning chatfast Wednesday.

Showing off newspaper clips with stories about his retirement news, he added, "I don't want to get morbid about this but I almost felt like I was looking at my obituary," he said.

I imagine it does. Feels like writing one just talking about a celebrity retiring, because frankly, they NEVER RETIRE. So...upon this realization, I guess good old Regis is just looking for some ass kissing while he is alive. Well played, sir. Well played.

No comments: