Thursday, November 28, 2013

Total Recall Remake wasn't too bad

While the original Total Recall was quite cheesy, I still was a big fan. I quoted the movie in general conversation quite a bit back int he day. Saying things like: "I want a ticket to MArs!", and of course my favorite: "What aobut the guy that got lobotomized? Did he get a refund?".

So I finally rolled up in my bed warmer and watched the remake. While it wasn't even close to as cheesy as the original, it wasn't too bad. They really amped up the effects and the action, and took out a lot of the story. It kept some of the strange scenes from the original in some form of course. Mainly the iconic 3 breasted woman scene, and part of when Arnold went through the weapon detectors. The "2 Week, 2 weeks, 2 weeks" lady I think was the exact same one as they had in the original. She looked identical. Strangely, she was more of a decoy in this one and if you saw the original it kind of throws you off. You expect it to be the same, but she isn't. Anyways, not too bad, but not great. Decent action flick, better looking women, and Quaid isn't such a meathead that Arnold was.

No comments: