Saturday, November 30, 2013

Hunger Games: Catching Fire May be Setting Records

While I was never a big fan of the Hunger Games I did sort of enjoy the first movie. I don't find it that compelling to read the books, or care all that much about it, but I did like the first film during a weekend where I was somewhat depressed. Only time I wouldn't consider it foolish I expect.

Black Friday arrived at the box office this Thanksgiving weekend with moviegoers showing sustained appetite for leftovers. In its second weekend in theaters, “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire” is on a course to not only come in first; it may score one of the most robust opening weekends in movie history.

The sci-fi sequel to 2012’s “The Hunger Games,” “Catching Fire” hauled in $31.2 million Friday, putting it in position to smash the five-day Thanksgiving holiday record -- of $82 million held by “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” -- with a projected $113 million gross.

No comments: