Thursday, May 24, 2007

Keira Knightley wins damages over weight slur

British actress Keira Knightley, star of the “Pirates of the Caribbean” film trilogy, won almost $6,000 in libel damages on Thursday over a newspaper slur that she was excessively thin.

The Daily Mail had run a story with a picture of her in a bikini, headlined: “If Pictures Like This One of Keira Carried a Health Warning, My Darling Daughter Might Have Lived.”

“The article could be interpreted to have asserted that the claimant bore personal responsibility for causing the tragic death of Sophie Mazurek, a 19-year-old, who battled with anorexia,” Knightley’s lawyer Simon Smith told the High Court. read more..

Blame everyone else besides yourselves. The American way. Here buy some cheap pens and put a slogan on it the villifies you from responsibility for your actions.

1 comment:

joshua said...

It's so nice for me to have found this blog of yours, it's so interesting. I sure hope and wish that you take courage enough to pay me a visit in my PALAVROSSAVRVS REX!, and plus get some surprise. My blog is also so cool! Off course be free to comment as you wish.