Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Joaquin Phoenix Apologizes For Farce on Letterman

Phoenix appeared on Letterman tonight to promot...errr apologize for some farce he put on while making a movie a while back. More than a year after Joaquin Phoenix's awkward appearance on the Late Show with David Letterman, the actor – clean-shaven and without sunglasses – returned to New York's Ed Sullivan Theater on Wednesday to apologize for his behavior.

"I mean, I think that you've interviewed many, many people and I assumed that you would know the difference between a character and a real person," he says about the now-infamous 2009 interview, in which a gum-chomping, mumbling Phoenix barely answered Letterman's questions. "I hope I didn't offend you in any way."

The appearance turned out to be an act. Director Casey Affleck recently revealed Phoenix's supposed documentary, I'm Still Here, which followed the actor during that strange time, isn't real. Apparently he's sane and looking good with some of the best fat burners for men

"Oh, no. Oh, no, no, no," Letterman told him. "I'm telling you, it was so much fun. It was batting practice, you know what I mean? Every one of them was a dinger."

No comments: