Sunday, July 11, 2010

Remember Studying For the SAT?

My sister just got done with high school and she had all the fun of taking all the college entrance exams and the infamous SAT. While it has been a while for me I remember one thing that wasn't done when I was taking it. WE didn't have a whole lot of sat prep courses available to us. I don't know if it was just poor counseling at our school, but I am pretty sure I went into that test completely blind.

These days it isn't so awful for SAT practice testing. You can go online and find tons of SAT prep courses to help get prepared for it (I was in early internet days where all there was to do was e-mail and chat :-/). I don't remember even taking the SAT to be honest. I only remember taking the ACT. I did a pACT which is a practice test once before it and then I took the ACT a few weeks later.

Must be nice having all this available now for studying. It certainly would ahve helped us when we were taking these tests.

No comments: