Sunday, July 12, 2009

Bruno Beats Borat at Opening Box Office

Sacha Baron Cohen has gone from Da Ali G Show to the movie screen with Borat and now Bruno. While some found the Borat movie to funny, I found it quite ridiculous and not funny at all. It didn't offend me, I just thought it was overblown crap on the level of Napoleon Dynamite.

So with Bruno being released I have the exact same felling. Of course that doesn't mean people won't hype it up either. People will still go because he tries to be so offensive that people HAVE to watch it. If this movie is good I'll be shocked.

So what are the numbers?

BrĂ¼no, which follows the title character, a gay Austrian fashionista, as he comes to the USA seeking fame, earned $30.4 million, according to weekend studio estimates from Nielsen EDI. Borat, which opened in 2006 with $26.5 million, went on to make $129 million.

No comments: